Forums

Search for at

View previous topic View next topic
ComputerBooter PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:41 am
ComputerBooter
The sidebar in the surveys displays as a black background over the actual background, can this be fixed so that it is transparent?  I have changed the graphics for the leftbar.gir/rightbar.gif/mainbar.gif to the files from the v3green theme because I think they look better.  But as you can see the background is black and should be transparent so you can see the Comp Tech theme background instead of opaque black, does that make sense?

Last edited by ComputerBooter on Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
User
White Dragon
Donator
5 Posts

ComputerBooter PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:46 am
ComputerBooter
also, since it takes me a while to find the correct lines of code in the css file, i'd like to fix the menu text for the sommaire menu on the left hand side.  In the picture you can see that the top head links of the categories look identical to the links below.  Id like it if the links at the very top of each section were a different color... say green and bold, and the ones below lesser styled.  So "Computer/Device Repair" would be green and bold since it is the header and the links below less bold and a different color.  Also as you can see, if I do not set the head link as a "link" it makes it non-bold but the links below are bold which just looks strange.  The links below should be normal, and the header link should be bold.  Rather green and bold as well EVEN if they are not a link.  Does that make sense?  That's the way it was on the original V3Green theme I was using and it looks a lot nicer.  (added picture to original post)  
User
White Dragon
Donator
5 Posts

CashBackForex

EmeraldDragon PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:53 pm
EmeraldDragon
— ComputerBooter wrote
The sidebar in the surveys displays as a black background over the actual background, can this be fixed so that it is transparent?  I have changed the graphics for the leftbar.gir/rightbar.gif/mainbar.gif to the files from the v3green theme because I think they look better.  But as you can see the background is black and should be transparent so you can see the Comp Tech theme background instead of opaque black, does that make sense?

Yeah, it looks better with the blue leftbar.gir/rightbar.gif/mainbar.gif. I have changed it to that as well. I have fixed the background to transparent.

— ComputerBooter wrote
also, since it takes me a while to find the correct lines of code in the css file, i'd like to fix the menu text for the sommaire menu on the left hand side.  In the picture you can see that the top head links of the categories look identical to the links below.  Id like it if the links at the very top of each section were a different color... say green and bold, and the ones below lesser styled.  So "Computer/Device Repair" would be green and bold since it is the header and the links below less bold and a different color.  Also as you can see, if I do not set the head link as a "link" it makes it non-bold but the links below are bold which just looks strange.  The links below should be normal, and the header link should be bold.  Rather green and bold as well EVEN if they are not a link.  Does that make sense?  That's the way it was on the original V3Green theme I was using and it looks a lot nicer.  (added picture to original post)  

OK, I have fixed that as well.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
Site Admin
Theme Designer
60 Posts

EmeraldDragon PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:29 pm
EmeraldDragon
OK, I have released the updates to the changes. I also had made additional changes adding/moving the other background to body background.

Get registered or Log in
Site Admin
Theme Designer
60 Posts

CashBackForex

ComputerBooter PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:51 am
ComputerBooter
Awesome!  The changes look great, the menu text has changed color but it is wrapping around again.  There are some more changes id like to implement but not sure how far you want to go in designing this theme haha.  I really like the borders around the v3green and also around all parts of the site but wanted to figure out how to edit them so maybe they have some lightning or techy colors in them, that might be something I mess around with on my own time, but not sure if the comp tech theme has the options to add borders around the different sections. I also like the "Welcome =>" at the top left of the page from v3green.  Ill keep you updated though on any issues or changes.  I don't want to burden you Smile
User
White Dragon
Donator
5 Posts

CashBackForex

ComputerBooter PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:25 am
ComputerBooter
I added a few changes:

Centered the text on the blocktitle
removed font awesome icons from 4 items in theme.php
removed font awesome icons from 3 items in footer.php
Changed storytitle to 00ff26 color

Can you tell me which font color changes the link hover color?  It is red and id like to see what it looks like with #3393FF color but I cannot for the life of me find which one in the style.css changes the link hover color!
User
White Dragon
Donator
5 Posts

CashBackForex

EmeraldDragon PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:12 pm
EmeraldDragon
Sorry, I was busy for the past few days.

— ComputerBooter wrote
Awesome!  The changes look great, the menu text has changed color but it is wrapping around again.  There are some more changes id like to implement but not sure how far you want to go in designing this theme haha.  I really like the borders around the v3green and also around all parts of the site but wanted to figure out how to edit them so maybe they have some lightning or techy colors in them, that might be something I mess around with on my own time, but not sure if the comp tech theme has the options to add borders around the different sections. I also like the "Welcome =>" at the top left of the page from v3green.  Ill keep you updated though on any issues or changes.  I don't want to burden you Smile

It should not be wrapping around. In order to add a border, I have to add structure to represent it. I'll have to look into it.

The "Welcome=>" on that theme is an image. In order to do that the image has to be created.

— ComputerBooter wrote
I added a few changes:

Centered the text on the blocktitle
removed font awesome icons from 4 items in theme.php
removed font awesome icons from 3 items in footer.php
Changed storytitle to 00ff26 color

That's good, I like it. Yeah, with font Awesome if you don't like it you definitely can remove it.

— ComputerBooter wrote
Can you tell me which font color changes the link hover color?  It is red and id like to see what it looks like with #3393FF color but I cannot for the life of me find which one in the style.css changes the link hover color!

You might want to look at menu.css file.  Wink

Get registered or Log in
Site Admin
Theme Designer
60 Posts

EmeraldDragon PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:48 pm
EmeraldDragon
OK, I have made some changes per your recommendations. You can look at them through Theme Preview for now (Still working on it before I do the next releases).

Looking good so far. Wink

Get registered or Log in
Site Admin
Theme Designer
60 Posts

CashBackForex

New Post Reply Post Print Viewed Thanks Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1