Forums

Search for at

View previous topic View next topic
EmeraldDragon PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:32 pm
EmeraldDragon
As some of you may already notice, I have started on a new Responsive Theme called "Red Animation". This is based on the CSS animations that CoRpSE was doing, I had incorporated them into this new theme.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

I am also looking at doing a NON Responsive releases version (FREE version) for everyone. Still trying to figure out how to go about doing it, so it will be a lot cleaner and better than what I had done with the past themes. The old themes codes are a little bit choppy and not as clean. So, I need to do a cleaner version of the theme.

Let me know what you guys/gals think about this theme. Good, bad, or indifferent... So, I can makes changes as necessary. Super

Get registered or Log in
Site Admin
Theme Designer
60 Posts

Lonestar PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:55 pm
Lonestar
I do not like the animation twist in the header, it is quite annoying as it happens on every page transition, I would definitely remove that,

same goes for the animation on the menu navigation, Either speed up the animation or remove it.

Also center the theme in the browser window, right now it is aligned to the left.

One more thing, if you are going to use BOOTSTRAP to code this theme, I would suggest you update BOOTSTRAP to its latest release v5 Smile
Developer
Site Admin
White Dragon
5 Posts

Mega's Portal

coRpSE PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:53 am
coRpSE
Agreed with Lonestar, the animations are good on a small scale, but as a header, it gets to be a bit much. I do like the attempt, I would probably have done the animation if on the navigation at the top on the icons, (not the text next to the icons).

The theme does need centering or make it 100%, and even then, I would probably do a max width of like 1800px or 2000px and still have it centered. I do test them across multiple monitors and all of them look pretty bad if they are full width or, like 800px - 1250px wide. On wide screen large monitors and even on TV's where some do use, just don't look right. The Evo site to me is borderline, I think that is 1500px or something like that, but I still see some sites running Peds old themes that are at 1000px and below and they look like garbage.
Developer
Site Admin
White Dragon
1 Posts

EmeraldDragon PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:23 pm
EmeraldDragon
Thanks, guys. I thought about that myself. Just trying out stuff to see what's works and what's not.

And yeah, it is annoying to me that the header does that on every page load. I will work on all the suggestions and changes. Guy with axe I have been meaning to updates the Bootstrap to 5.x just have not got to it yet.

Get registered or Log in
Site Admin
Theme Designer
60 Posts

Mega's Portal

New Post Reply Post Print Viewed Thanks Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1